Why stop at “Trick or Treat” when you could use these tricks to make healthy treats?
In just a few simple steps in your kitchen, that orange, gooey pulp can find a purpose!
This recipe for DIY Pumpkin seeds makes a delicious snack that you can easily create from the gunk you pull out of your Halloween Jack-O-Lanterns.
One of our favorite things about using our Kitchenaid oven is that it lets you know exactly how hot it is as it pre-heats! No more wondering exactly when the oven will be ready. We can watch the numbers count up as the oven quickly preheats and know about how much time we have left to prepare before the oven is heated to our desired temperature – that means we waste less energy by being ready to cook as soon as it beeps.
Watch our How-To video above or get the recipe below to learn more!
Pumpkin Seed Baking How-To:
- Separate the pulp from the seeds and throw away the pulp.
- Rinse and strain any residual pulp from the seeds in the sink.
- Soak the seeds in water and 2 tbs. salt for 8-10 hours in the refrigerator.
- Drain and dry the seeds. Toss in a drizzle of olive oil.
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Spread seeds on baking tray and sprinkle with salt and other seasonings if you’d like.
- Bake for approximately 15 minutes or until the crispiness you’d desire.
- Allow to cool and enjoy!