Does your average morning start with a brisk walk along a community hiking trail with birds chirping and a light breeze rippling the lush landscape – or are you still looking for a way to bring the great outdoors closer to home?
This year World Environment Day on June 5 celebrates the theme of Connecting People to Nature, and KB Home may be the best way to explore your options. From outdoor community amenities to energy-saving home technology, KB Home helps you enjoy (and be a little kinder to) the environment.
The Great Outdoors
As a kid, my family was big on the outdoors. We canoed on lakes, swam in the ocean, toasted marshmallows over a campfire. Once we even accidentally hiked the Appalachian Trail when it bisected our 30-minute hike. (Turns out those helpful sign posts are only helpful if you actually read them.) Recently, in an effort to bring the great outdoors back into my city life, I bought a white noise machine with soothing nature sounds. The icons showed cute little critters and cozy raindrops – which translated into high-pitched angry crickets and some kind of leaky faucet water torture. Alas, there is no substitute for the fresh air and exercise to be found in the great outdoors. So why not choose a home community where nature is always just outside your front door?
Mason Hills. Leander, TX
Cool Amenities Year-Round
KB homeowners don’t have to travel far and wide to enjoy the outdoors; in most cases, a myriad of outdoor amenities are just steps away from your home. And while not every community includes every option listed, you’ll find an impressive range of amenities available in KB communities across the country, including the following:
- Playgrounds and Pocket Parks – You’ll never run out of reasons to be outdoors in Mason Hills – The Bluffs (Leander, Texas) which features a community playground, park, and walking trails. And if you’re looking for a community in Surprise, Arizona, Sanverno at Desert Oasis offers outdoor opportunities with its playgrounds, pocket parks, and sports courts.
- Pools – You’ll find a community pool from California (Canyon Heights in Santa Clarita) to Colorado (Reunion in Commerce City) to Florida (Mirabella in Wimauma) – and places in-between.
- Walking Trails – Happy trails to you in Maricopa, Arizona, where Cliffrose at Desert Passage offers community walking trails and a nearby 22-acre city park. You’ll also find walking trails surrounding the Parks at Bass Lake community in Holly Springs, North Carolina.
Caledonia at Summerlin. Las Vegas, NV
Picture Perfect Locations
Are you scouting for a great new neighborhood that takes advantage of local landmarks? KB Home has already done the work for you. Our communities are carefully planned and developed in locations that provide easy access to local parks, lakes, and outdoor activities. Here are just a few examples, from coast to coast:
- National Parks – The Olive Lane community in Fresno, California, puts you on the map close to three national parks; Yosemite, Sequoia, and Kings Canyon.
- Wildlife Refuge – Looking for wildlife near Austin, Texas? KB Home offers four communities near the Balcones Canyonlands National Wildlife Refuge: Buttercup Villas, Mason Hills-The Lakes Classic Collection, Mason Hills-The Lakes Hallmark Collection, and Mason Hills-The Bluffs.
- Conservation Area – Las Vegas offers more than a neon nightlife. The Red Rock Canyon National Conservation Area is close to more than six KB Home communities, including: Caledonia at Summerlin, Tevare at Summerlin, Reserves at San Severo, Landings at San Severo, Chandler Park, and Jade Meadows.
- Lakes – You’ll have endless access to water recreation (including boating, fishing, and water sports) when you choose Skypointe at Alberhill Ranch, near Lake Elsinore in California. And your water options don’t end there; this community also features a junior Olympic-sized pool and water playground.
Coves of Estero Bay. Fort Myers, FL.
Indoor/Outdoor Living (and Saving)
KB Home’s flexible floor plans allow you to experience indoor/outdoor living at its finest. Some of the breezy options you’ll find include the following:
- Front Porches
- Spacious Yards
And while you’re indoors, you can also help save the environment with ENERGY STAR® certified appliances like a Whirlpool® dishwasher that uses less water than standard models, and WaterSense® bath fixtures that reduce water consumption. Smart Home technology is another great way to save and KB Home is up-to-date with Carrier® Côr® Wi-Fi® smart thermostats.
Every Day Can Be World Environment Day
So, whether it’s World Environment Day or any of the other 364 days of the year, you can connect with nature from the comfort of your own KB home.