We know you put a lot of thought into your decision to buy a KB home. In honor of Earth Day, we want to focus on an important aspect of that decision – how owning a KB home helps you reduce your impact on the environment.
Here are 5 things you can feel proud of:
1. You’re water wise: Especially for those living on the drought-affected West Coast, being water wise has never been more important. Feel good knowing that every KB home includes WaterSense® faucets, toilets and showerheads that help maximize water efficiency without sacrificing performance. Dishwashers installed in every KB home are not only ENERGY STAR® certified for energy efficiency, but also use significantly less water than standard models. As a bonus, you’re saving an estimated $300/year! 
2. Your fixtures use less energy: New KB homes have energy-efficient lighting and appliances that can help you reduce your energy use and lower your monthly utility bills.
3. You waste less energy: We build every new KB home with energy-efficient heating and cooling systems that are designed to reduce energy waste and deliver more comfort, better moisture control, and enhanced indoor air quality. Once you’ve got your home cooled or heated to the temperature you want, your KB home’s thermal enclosure system helps keep it that way. Better air sealing, quality insulation and high-performance windows all contribute to reducing costs to you and your impact on the environment.
4. You emit fewer greenhouse gas emissions: The EPA estimates that homeowners living in our 96,000 ENERGY STAR certified KB homes help prevent greenhouse gas emissions equivalent to those from 34,000 passenger vehicles each year .
5. You live in an award-winning home: As a KB homeowner, you’re leading the pack – a four-time WaterSense® Partner of the Year, KB Home received its first Sustained Excellence Award in 2015 for its demonstrated commitment to water efficiency .
We thank you, on this Earth Day, for supporting our sustainability mission and doing your part to make a difference every day. If you’d like to read more about how we’re lessening the impact of our operations and homes on the environment, check out our Sustainability Reports.
Happy Earth Day!
 The standard water-efficient features included in every new KB home result in an estimated annual utility bill savings of up to $300 when compared to a typical existing home that lacks these features.